Photographs courtesy of Sherwin-Williams
There's no easier or faster way to update the look of your home's exterior brick steps than by giving it a fresh coat of paint. Just use a coat of Porch & Floor Enamel (no primer needed) and allow up to four hours to dry.
1. Sweep the surface of the brick to remove any loose debris.
2. Thoroughly clean the brick with heavy-duty soap and water, using a sponge or scrub brush to ensure the surface is clean and prepped for paint. Allow the brick to completely dry before painting.
3. Once the surface is dry, use a medium-sized paint brush to paint grout lines and around the front porch with Porch & Floor Enamel.
4. Use a roller paint brush to paint the rest of the flat surfaces. (We recommend using a brush on vertical surfaces, such as the front of the steps, for better control and precision.)
5. Allow paint to dry before recoating or retouching. (We recommend waiting at least four hours.) Then touch up any areas that need any extra attention.
6. Allow paint to set before walking on it or moving furniture, planters, etc. back onto the surface. (We recommend waiting at least 24 hours before walking on the surface and not moving items back onto the surface for several days.)