Make your garden Instagram-worthy with an easy and inexpensive plant stand DIY project. Simply add a fresh coat of Emerald Exterior to a wood plant stand to add an instant pop of color and protect the surface for seasons of outdoor living to come. This charming piece can also double as a bar cart for outdoor entertaining, making it a versatile addition to your home.
1. Assemble the plant stand per the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Sand down any rough spots on the wood and wipe clean with a cloth, if needed.
3. Prop the plant stand up on a drop cloth or cardboard surface so it is level and ready for paint.
4. Add primer to the paint sprayer and spray on a uniform layer using a linear motion, ensuring that all wood surfaces are coated.
5. Once the primer has dried, stir the exterior paint with a stir stick to ensure the color is uniformly mixed and add to your paint sprayer.
6. Spray on several thin coats of exterior paint using a linear motion.
Tip: Be sure to let each coat dry before spraying on the next.
7. Allow the plant stand to fully dry for at least 24 hours before styling it with plants.
The before and after:
Warning! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
All articles are copyrighted and remain the property of the author.
By Joe Raboine, Director of Residential Hardscapes,
Photographs courtesy of Belgard
When designing outdoor spaces, most homeowners historically leaned towards traditional designs. But as outdoor living becomes a more integral part of daily life design concepts have changed. Belgrade has an interesting article that details some of the modern design ideas. Click here for an interesting article.
Click here to sign up for our monthly NEWSLETTER packed with great articles and helpful tips for your home, garden and pets!